Thursday 31 March 2011

I’ve made it!

It’s the end of the challenge, 1 whole month without alcohol…
When embarking on this adventure I was extremely apprehensive, nervous I wouldn’t fit in with friends and scared that I wouldn’t enjoy nights out as much but to be honest the only effects have been positive. I can hear my liver thanking me for giving it a break, my stock of paracetamols is at an all time high as I have not had to use any and my bank balance has drastically improved!
Do I think I will stay alcohol free?
In a word: No.
Enjoying alcohol in moderation is fun, it can relax you, make a good night even better and the effect on my dancing is magical. However drinking to excess and putting yourself in danger is a quick way to ruin your night. I will be more aware of potential risks and ensure that all my friends are safe. I will also limit the amount I drink so that I don’t forget things – being able to remember conversations from nights out is rather fun!
It has been an interesting month and hopefully I will have dispelled the myth that you have to be drunk to have a good night out…I certainly have proved it to myself. Before the challenge I used to shudder with dread at the prospect of going out without drinking but now I don’t think I would give it a second thought!
Thank you for following my journey. I would love to hear your opinions about my ‘Sober Student’ month so feel free to leave a comment.
But for now, ‘Cheers!’

2 comments:

  1. That was a quick month.

    Everybody better clear the streets tomorrow night Carli will be out on the town with all of her fellow students :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might have been quick for you ;-)

    The challenge did go quite quickly if I'm honest, I really enjoyed it!

    I hope I've reached a few people who would have never contemplated going out without being drunk.

    Thanks for your comment :-)

    ReplyDelete