Sunday 6 March 2011

Guest Post

Since embarking on my challenge of not drinking for the whole of March I have encouraged my friends to join me.

Candi, my housemate took on the challenge and has kindly written about her experience:

********************
Going out sober on a Wednesday night wasn’t something I had anticipated! It was unforeseen circumstances and it was the fault of a whole load of antibiotics that had put me in this position. It was my friend Hannah’s birthday and there was no way I was missing out, so after I geared myself up, dressed myself up and stocked up on red bull for energy I was ready to go!

My flatmate, you all know Carli, told me it couldn’t be a bad thing to experience a night out sober and challenged me to enjoy myself.

I hate to admit it, but she was right! I stuck to Coke in Engine Shed and danced the night away whilst watching my drunken friends fall about in hilarity! Even my sore feet and the ringing in my ears couldn’t deter me from enjoying myself.

The highlight of the whole experience however wasn’t the night itself but the morning after. I bounded out of bed at half 8 and made the most of my day. I had never felt so good after a night out.

It’s not to say I’d make it a regular habit but I am definitely more aware that I don’t need alcohol to enjoy myself on a night out. So if you haven’t tried it yet, give it a go. You might surprise yourself!


Candi enjoying a night out minus alcohol!

********************

I am always keen for others to join me on my adventure, even if you want to do it for just 1 night. If you would like to guest post for the Operation Nova blog then please email: Operationnova@hotmail.com and I'll be in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment