Friday 18 February 2011

What are you doing tonight?

So, it's Friday night...

'What are you doing tonight?' is a question that I am usually asked however my answer isn't always, 'I am out on patrol with Lincolnshire Police...'

However, that's what it was today!

Tonight I get the chance to go out to see just what I try not to on a night out in Lincoln. I shall be joining officers who are part of 'safe in the city' patrols. I am doing a shorter shift than them and starting at 9pm and finishing at 4am.

I have to admit I am nervous! Firstly because I hope I can stay awake and secondly because I usually exist in my own bubble but tonight I am stepping out of it and will be seeing the type of thing I tend to stay away from. However I know I am probably with the safest people to be with and seeing reality will probably make me more aware of the type of thing that could happen on a night out.

When you have had a few drinks, you are unaware of potential situations and think that people staggering down the street into the kebab shop is where their night finishes, which is not always the case.

Signing out for now, but look out for the next blog post to hear my experiences from patrol!

No comments:

Post a Comment